The winter holiday season is upon again, and for many of us this is a time of wish lists, merriment, generosity and acts of charity. However, the Universe does not perceive giving freely, kindnesses and gratitude as seasonal or trending. Nor should it be a temporary attempt on our part at being “good” at “the right time of year”. True gratitude is a mindset; a mindset which ought to be cultivated and nurtured. It means being constantly and genuinely thankful for each success you achieve; each blessing which is bestowed upon you, and each miracle you perceive.
For there are no small miracles; miracles, opportunities and magic surrounds you every moment of every day. Each intention you put forth to the Universe and is answered, is both a miracle and a blessing! Why would you not give ample thanks and praise for that?! Imagine, what you create in your mind the Universe co-creates with you bringing it into being. What positive changes or support have you been wishing, hoping for?
Create your personal Wish List to the Universe by:
- Setting your intention,
- Holding it firmly in your heart and mind. Write it out even, if you like.
- Taking any necessary inspired actions (you have a part to play in this process of “asking and receiving”, as well).
- And then, releasing it to the Universe. Just let it go. Don’t agonize or stress over it. Simply surrender it to the Source of your faith. Both trust and know that your intention will be realized in the right time-space sequence for you.
Thankfully, you are unique! There is no one quite like you with your combination of gifts, skills, experiences and personality. Remember, the Universe has a curious sense of humour and often does not work in linear human logic; your intentions may come wrapped in unexpected packaging. But, they will be tailor fit for your personal growth and well-being.
Every change begins with a choice, a decision. So, in choosing to switch your filters on life and seek out the more miraculous, the more awe inspiring; you begin to see, attract and resonate with all the wonders available to you. This is the effect of expressing gratitude; your abundance increases. For the more you have, the more you have to be thankful for. The more you have to be thankful for, the more you will find that you have. It is a beautifully bright circle which only grows and amplifies its energetic power.
Start cultivating your own wondrous Attitude of Gratitude by keeping a Daily Gratitude Journal:
- Each morning when you wake up, or every night before bed, write down at least 3 things you are thankful for.
- For those of you who are more artisticly inclined: add drawings, photos and magazine clippings to your gratitude entries. Make it your own.
- This is your private expression of gratitude to yourself and the Universe. Your entries can be anything from a stranger smiling at you when you were having a blue day, to receiving a raise at work, to having the time to cook a delicious, healthy meal and sit down at the kitchen table with your family to enjoy it. There is no big or small here.
Even on your worst day there is no shortage of things to be thankful for. You just have to reach for those positive moments, and you’ll find they’ll glimmer bright enough for you to see them.
So, this day and every day, willingly give thanks in its multitude of forms. The energy will only expand and come back to you again and again. Know that each person you touch with gratitude and humanity all throughout the year creates an oft unseen, positive ripple effect throughout the Universe. And, an increasingly positive outlook in your own life which yields more abundance of blessings!
Thankfully living Lighter, Brighter and FULLER lives!
— Coach Melanie
The Process of Life blog posts are inspired lessons, learnings, reflections and meditations acquired for myself and my fellow growth journeyers- Coach Melanie